The only thing unethical here is that the names were not blurred out...
I"m guessing that these photos ended up in a Salvation army store or Goodwill.. perhaps a relative who was at the event tossed them... or the were thrown out and someone found them who was a collectior of ephemera.  I myself was given a whole bunch of photos of a friend's family - of people who were deceased and my friend didn't want to keep them..

Also  note that even if the ebay handle is "a design co" doesn't mean it is actually a "company"

THere is definitely a market for these thigns among collectors, social historians and researchers -

here is a piece of ephemera (not a photo) that I'm selling -  it came from the friend mentioned above.. she gave me photos too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195120402872

ann

How about sending a link to the item?