Thanks Collin,

By chance I actually came across a ‘parts or spares and repair’ example of a
Nikkor AF-S 28-70/2.8 which, when I enquired, was told that it would not
autofocus (I only need manual focus and aperture). I know something of these
lenses as I have the 17-35/2.8 and have already had that apart to adapt it for
video use. So for 130GBP I have a lens that goes for betwen 3 tp 6 times that
depending on condition. It’s a stellar perfomer apparently which is what I need
for HD video.

Tweakers and drivers at the ready!

Cheers

Cot