> On Feb 2, 2023, at 9:17 PM, Daniel J. Matyola <danmaty...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From the garden in our resort condo:
>
> http://dan-matyola.squarespace.com/danmatyolas-pesos/2023/2/2/bird-of-pa
>
> K-5 IIs, smc DA 35 mm F 2.8 Macro Limited
> Comments and criticisms are invited and appreciated.

Lovely flower, I wish that it were better separated from the background.

If I were shooting it, and couldn’t arrange to have a simple black background
behind it, I would try and do some sort of Rembrandt lighting on it, either
with a speed light when there was less background light, or even just some sort
of hot light at night from the side so that the leaves behind the flower were
not illuminated.  Possibly doing something fancy to shade the leaves and use a
mirror or reflector to put more sunlight on the flower.

Another thing that might help is to use a longer lens and move back so that
there is a lot less background visible, so that more of the background were
something darker that contrasts more with the flower (like the leaves in shadow
rather than sunlight concrete)

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com