I've seen cicadas and stick insects up close and personal .. cicadas more often.. when they emerge in desert climes, as they did in the early nine ties when Richard and I were in Las Vegas at our /pied a terre, /they were certainly not hard to spot.. not enough places to hide.

I like your two captures though too bad the skeeters where getting to you.. which clearly prevented you getting the entire stick in your photo, yes?

ann

//