Very sharp images. If only I knew what the hell you are on about!

Alan C

On 25-Feb-23 01:59 AM, Bill wrote:
Note, large files are linked to this post.

I was able to get Pixel Shift to work on the X-T5 today.
I tried all day yesterday to make it work with garbage results, and came up with a good technique today. The problem I was having relates, I think, to Fuji packing 40mp into an APS-C sensor and how sensitive that is going to be to even microscopic camera movement. Yesterday I was using the mechanical shutter and my usual casual approach to things. Today I used the self timer, electronic shutter, turned off auto focus and even turned off the noisemakers that are supposed to mimic the sound of a shutter firing.

These images were shot with the 60mm macro lens

First we have an image using the Accurate colour mode which uses 20 exposures to give full color information to each pixel.

Nest is a crop of an image shot in high resolution mode which uses 20 exposures to extend the size of the image to
10304 x 15456 pixels

Enjoy, but be aware these files are upwards of 1mb each.

bill
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List