On 2/26/2023 10:28 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
Two weeks ago, on my way home from Riverside, I stopped on the Lerdo Highway to
photograph a bit of the scenery, I ended up shooting the same scene with
several of my wide angle lenses:
tamron 28-75/2.8, Irix 11/4, DA 15-30/2.8, Sigma 20/1.8

And also did some quick and dirty hdr panoramas with them processed in
lightroom. My conclusion after comparing the photos is that the most important
thing is where you are pointing your camera when you press the shutter.

But for those of you who enjoy such comparisons.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/albums/72177720306319553
From a technical perspective, I noted that with one exception, all your pictures were shot at f5.6. This is getting very close to the point where all lenses are created equal. And yes, it is well known that a sharp picture of a fuzzy concept is not going to be a good one.

bill
--