Have two of the M575s in use, a spare, and an older version. All have worked just fine for me.  However, bearings and sensor window do seem to need periodic cleaning.   Track ball pops out easily to enable cleaning and pops back in with no problem, for me anyway. Went with trackball some years ago as mouse and pad just didn't work in my preferred workspace.

Otis Wright