> On Mar 23, 2023, at 3:11 PM, Paul Stenquist <pnstenqu...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> Well documented.

Thank you.

> You’re probably lucky it blocked a road. That creates urgency which public
> utilities seem to need.

One advantage of living on Highway 9, the main thoroughfare of SLV is that
repairs to the road, power, or comm are prioritized.  Unfortunately, there was
so much damage to so many roads on Tuesday that I had many friends who couldn’t
get home. Several towns were cut off.

My neighbor (the one whose house caught the tree last week) called me Tuesday
afternoon and said that he couldn’t get home.  They had stopped him just before
the fallen tree, he tried to go around the other way, but those roads were
closed due to fallen trees as well.  I told him about the trail from the road
just before where the road block was to the bridge past our houses, and when he
called to tell me that he was able to get home, I told my boss I was leaving
work while I knew that I could still probably get home.

I parked my car at the church, just before the closure and discretely walked
past the person watching the road closure. I figured that if I couldn’t get
past on the road, I could do the trail, but it was dark, muddy and I didn’t
have a good flashlight.  I’d gotten 10-20 yards past her when she called out at
me and said I couldn’t go.  I said I lived just around the corner, and she said
she’d walk me there.

As I mentioned earlier, before taking photos I grabbed my hard hat and high-viz
vest.  About the time I was finishing up, she had just walked someone past,
came up to me and asked if I knew who was in charge.

--
Larry Colen
l...@red4est.com  sent from ret4est

--