On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 04:24:15PM -0700, Larry Colen wrote:

> > On Mar 22, 2023, at 10:17 PM, John Francis <jo...@panix.com> wrote:
> >
> > I managed to dig out one of the images from 2000.  This will have
> > been taken on my PZ-1p.  I'm pretty sure I was using my A* 300/2.8,
> > probably shooting 1600 ASA Fuji slide film.
> >
> > After some playing around in PhotoShop, I came up with this:
> >
> >    <http://www.panix.com/~johnf/CopperFamily.jpg>
> >

> Those blue speckles puzzle me, because they look like the noise I got with my
> K-20 in low light situations.  I???m not sure how you got them off of a slide.

I'm not 100% sure it came from a slide - I'm working from a scanned image.
I know it has to be from film, because the picture was taken in 2000. The
pixel dimensions of the scan suggest it's from the Nikon LS-30 scanner.
I agree that it looks like noise in the blue channel. And while the LS-30
does a better job with slides than the HP PhotoSmart scanner it replaced,
it's still going to have a hard time with parts of the image that are
nearly black (especially if the shot is somewhat under-exposed).

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List