Hi Rick,

In the past, I was been engaged to do such projects from time to time, the last
time about a decade or so ago. It's very tedious work and takes forever. Since
then, I recommend they have the scanning done by ScanCafe.com, who are well set
up to do it efficiently. Plus you don't have to accept 100% of the scans
either.

The good film scanners that did this kind of work well with automation like
that  (like the Nikon SuperCoolScan V ED) are all long out of production now,
and they were quite expensive when new. Pro-grade equipment to do this work is
available from limited suppliers but, again, it's designed for commercial
applications and not approachable in price for home use.

I scan a few slides and negatives from time to time using a copy-camera
approach now, with very good quality results. That's a doable prospect, rather
than doing hundreds to thousands of slides.

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List