Nice, tasteful mods !

Ken Waller
-----Original Message-----
From: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Jul 1, 2023 1:29 AM
To: PDML <PDML@pdml.net>, PAW Picture-A-Week project <p...@micapeak.com>,
SeePhoto Talk <seeph...@micapeak.com>
Subject: PESO 2023 - Fulvia special - GDG

While I was in the hospital, my classic Italian sports car&mdash;the 1967
Lancia Fulvia Coup&eacute;&mdash;was in the body shop having some rust repair
of the rocker panels done. I'm out of the hospital now, and Signora Fulvia is
also back at home.

In the course of doing the rust repair, I changed its looks a little bit by
painting the rocker panels a textured flat black, instead of the matched tan
body color, and removed the original chrome trim strips that ran under the
doors on both sides.

The result came out just as I'd hoped: A slightly trimmer, sportier look and
more in keeping with the early '70s Cromodora wheels that I've now got fitted
than the late '60s Campagnolo rally wheels that I'd had on the car before.

https://flic.kr/p/2oLFwr7 :: Fulvia, Refinish Rocker Panels

While that was being done, I had also located the original badging for the rear
("LANCIA Fulvia" in fine chrome on the transom) and a pair of the 'bumper
support' caps that cover the spots in the bodywork where the rear bumper
supports used to come through&hellip;

https://flic.kr/p/2oLD4Mh :: Fulvia, New Tail Badge

&hellip;because everyone, or at least *almost* everyone, with a Lancia Fulvia
Coup&eacute; removes the bumpers to make the car look more like the Lancia
Fulvia rally cars that won so many races in the late 1960s-early 1970s. :)

Photos made with iPhone 11 Pro using the Moment camera app, raw output, and
rendered in Lightroom Classic.

Oh yes: My partner, Felipe, picked the car up for me a few days before I
returned home. He made a few snaps of it with his phone to show me what had
been done. I put them together into a short video presentation, just for the
fun of it:

https://flic.kr/p/2oKzr9J

Enjoy!

&mdash;
No matter where you go, go there in a Lancia.
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List