"Paul F. Stregevsky" writes:
>If you had asked me a month ago, I would have sided with the curmudgeons
>who say a portrait must include a person.
>At any rate, Ann's response, as well as others I've glimpsed, have
>broadened my understanding of what a portrait can be.

        Part of the beauty of PUG themes isn't that everybody follows the letter of
the theme, but that they feel free to creatively interpret it.  That's why I
submitted my (unfortunately screwed up) portrait of #36 instead of my
favorite picture of my daughter.
        I've learned to be a bit more forgiving when someone does a creative
interpretation of a theme through the disussions on PDML that often happen
as a result of such efforts.

later,
patbob ([EMAIL PROTECTED])