I owned one for a couple of weeks. In fact, these two submissions were taken with it.
http://pug.komkon.org/LX_Gallery/nijm750.html
http://pug.komkon.org/02feb/beer_cs.html

It was okay, but I'd got it off ebay.nl along with something else. It had terrible
barrel-wobble so I got rid of it and bought an A35-105 instead (from the local camera
shop - much more expensive!).

Having only used it for a day, I can't say that I know the lens well, but it's
perfectly adequate for someone starting out. Oh, and it's not multi-coated either.
Quality-wise, below the SMC stuff.

Wendy
>Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:36:20 +0300
>From: "Don Williams Finland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Takumar 28 - 80 Zoom

>Hi all,

>I have a Takumar-A 28 - 80 mm, f3.5 - 4.5 'Macro' Zoom is this any good? The
>pictures that my daughter took with this lens a year ago seem reasonable. It
>came attached to a P30 I found in a shop in the city. I put the lens on an
>ME Super and gave it to my offspring to use for snap-shots. She got tired of
>picture taking quite soon and the camera has come back to me.

>Who knows this lens well?

wendy beard
ottawa, canada
http://www.beard-redfern.com