> From: William Robb
> Subject: Re: Digital Ice + Kodak TMZ
> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:09:53 -0700
>
> We have the same problem with digital ice. It seems that it
> doesn't deal with the reflectivity of a silver halide image.
> Nikon documentation indicates that digital ice is not usable
> with silver halide images.
>
> It would seem there are limits to what Nikon can acomplish.

Fair enough, I haven't bothered to look that up in the manual. Makes
sense.

In any event, now that I am half way through the roll, it seems that
the grain (I rated it 1600) is large enough to make any imperfections
obvious on Provia 100F slides mostly irrelevant.

> The $64,000 question is, why would you want to scan black and
> white film in the first place?

Because I don't have an enlarger (or a place to set one up in my
apartment). Do I get the money?

> William Robb

Best,
Mishka