In a message dated 8/14/2002 7:27:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I will be in San Antonio from the 23rd through the 25th.  I have a friend
> who is willing to be a tour guide for me in San Antonio.  She seems to know
> her way around the place.
>
> Anyway,  any ideas, suggestions, places to see, places to photograph, eat,
> etc., etc., etc., will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Also, any good camera shops around?

Totally unfamiliar with Fort Worth, so all my comments apply to San Antonio.
Camera shops: Not the best city in the world for those. We have a friendly
one, not exceptionally well-stocked -- Boyd's, at the corner of Blanco Road
and Lockhill-Selma. We have a well-stocked one with a reputation for
unfriendliness -- Camera Exchange on San Pedro Ave. By the way, in case you
do want to visit those shops, be aware neither one is open on Sundays.
Places to see: "World-class" zoo (with miniature railroad that is or was the
"world's longest"); four 18th-century missions (in addition to the Alamo --
the Shrine of Texas Liberty. The other four are less touristy and in fact all
the chapels are still in regular use as chapels); some nice and some truly
horrific architecture. I may have even more ideas when I'm a bit more awake
:-) I just happen to have spent a lot of time shooting the zoo and the
missions.
Of course there's also the Riverwalk.
Places to eat: Recommendations would depend on what you like to eat.
Ken Archer will probably have additional suggestions.

ERNR
My photographs hang on the virtual walls at http://members.aol.com/ernreed