From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:05:24 EDT
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SMC-A 35-105 f3.5 - Debate Continues ?

David,

I have the same inclination to mess with the focus whenever I zoom it to
35mm.  Sometimes I think I can improve focus, sometimes I don't.  Given the
inconsistent nature of my observations, I've figured it was focusing
error...on my part. <g>

Let us know what you find.  Perhaps the lens can slip out of alignment over
the years?

Regards,  Bob S.

 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Both you and Alan Chan state the same thing.  I'm going to run a quick
test
 with whatever film I have remaining in the LX right now (HP5) and see.

 In the viewfinder it looks like it goes a bit out of focus as I zoom out to
 35 (after focusing at 105).  I'm not sure whether this is reflected in the
 photos as the last time I was out using the Lens (with Jeff and Frank @ our
 August TOPDML get together) the images were still in focus after the fact.

 So.... I can live with the "it looks out of focus" in the viewfinder @ 35mm
 as long as the images remain sharp.  I'll perform the test with the lens
 wide open at f3.5.

 Cheers,
 Dave