Last week I made that the statement that Pentax had no apparent marketing
and ad plan, that they would go months without an ad placed in the major US
photo mags and that I had never seen 1 ad for the MZ-S. This past weekend I
was watching the Pikes Peak hill climb on ESPN ( for our non US brethren,
ESPN is a 24 hour a day cable sports channel )  As each vehicle passed a
certain point on the race track going up the mountain, the TV camera picked
up a large Pentax red banner placed next to ESPN's banner.  The next day I
was watching ESPN Sport Center news.  They were showing highlights of a
Seattle Mariner-Oakland Athletic baseball game.  The camera angle was from
behind the pitcher toward home plate.  The rolling advertising banners on
the base of the wall behind home plate all of the sudden switched to 3
large red Pentax banners.  In less than 24 hours I had seen more Pentax
"ad" effort on TV than I had seen in months in the pages of my favorite
photo magazines.  The new Pentax ad campaign:  Get the Pentax name in front
of the TV camera as often as possible!

DG