Not to in any way suggest profits aren't important, but given this economic cycle
profits can be affected by a lot of items not directly attributable to current
operations.   Especially short term profit variations.  I also watch cash flows to see
if (an how much) liquidity is being lost.   I have found negative profits can go on
for a while, but that most cos. don't do well for very  long if they are bleeding cash
--- losing liquidity.

Just one person's opinion........

Otis Wright.