Not that I'm particularly worried about Pentax, but.....I'm not sure how adding large amounts of staff and making offshore investments  -- in these particular times --- implies sound(er) or improving financial status.  What am I missing?   What was the productivity, sales per employee or what ever,  before and after?

Otis Wright

Rob Studdert wrote:

Date sent:              Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:02:18 -0800
From:                   "David S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                Re: Asahi pentax profit/loss
Send reply to:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

MPozzi wrote:

> It may interesting info to some (remember reading in
> some earlier mails), not sure if its old news, to know
> that pentax has been making losses since 1999.
>
> http://profiles.wisi.com/profiles/scripts/corpinfo.asp?CUSIP=C392W0060&B1=Subm
> it

If you check
http://profiles.wisi.com/profiles/scripts/page3.asp?cusip=C392W0060&curconv=392
it shows that in 2000 the employees number more then doubled from about 2300 to
more then 6000.

A while ago I found that Asahi Optical invested 10 million (I think US $) in an
Isreal based company.

I tracked down part of that info again.
Page with Pentax investment info http://www.harel-
hertz.com/israeljapan2000.html