Some interesting(?) tidbits from the Pentax universe

Apparently, this years Pentax photokina delegation was among the largest ever
including the boss and heaps of engineers. Weird, considering they had nothing to
show. However, it turns out that they indeed showed a LOT but behind closed doors
locked in a large safe (no I'm not making this up; I have this from a guy who was part
of the Pentax delegation but not allowed into the room! Only the utter hot-shots were
allowed apparently). I have no idea about the contents of this safe is but it's
believed it's not the digital K-mount slr. After all, that one is not that secret
(probably already on the distributors order list).
It was said that Photokina was less seen as a news fair nowadays and more of a trade
show (they are apparently thinking of arranging it every three year instead of every
two). Some informed observes suggest that Pentax will want to celebrate their
corporate name change (and 50th year of slr production) with product releases (they
wil get more attention this way). The speculaters can guess whats in that safe. The
pessimist will insist it's the next $100 P&S while the (incurable) optimist will
believe it is new KAF3 lenses with USM and IS plus matching cameras.

Pål