I don't doubt that they will come out with these products eventually, it's
just that they will miss the moment when they would be exciting,
state-of-the-art innovations, and wait until they are nice, but no better
than a lot of products the competition came out with 2 years earlier.

tom wrote:

BTW, though I'll be the first to admit Pentax is molasses-slow in
releasing new products, we've seen missives like yours before the MZ-S was
released, before the 67II was released, before the 645n was released, etc.
Just because they didn't release anything at Photokina doesn't mean
they've folded up the tent and gone home.