I guess I'm one of the few still thinking about the possible new film flagship...

If the Photosharp report is accurate and the new Pentax digital SLR is based upon the MZ-S chassis (in contrast to the Pentax UK press release's claim of a new chassis), I wonder what that means for a new film flagship.

A new film flagship based on the fairly small MZ-S chassis probably couldn't be that much more well specified than the MZ-S, could it? And would they make a new chassis just for the flagship but not for the DSLR?

I was hopeful about a true, honest-to-goodness flagship when I heard the talk of a new chassis, but I am not so hopeful now.

Also, none of the more recent speculations, reports, etc. are even talking about the film camera anymore. Is this a bad sign? Was it an erroneous original report? Is the fact that almost no one on this list even cares any more an indication of how useless it would be to come out with such an animal at this point, or just an indication that if one is in development, no one is bothering to ask about it or leak info about it?

Maybe I will wait until tomorrow - we may hear entirely new and contradicting information by then! Perhaps there will be an obscure and mysterious leak from Pentax Zimbabwe (translated roughly from Sindabele or Shona) mentioning that all the digital developments are in fact nothing to do with a forthcoming DSLR but are actually aimed at the growing prosumer proctoscope market.

RSW

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp