At 08:20 AM 27/10/2002 -0500, you wrote:
I've been shooting a lot of slides lately and took a few to a local digital
print place for some quick enlargements. I didn't expect them to measure up
to a custom print but I didn't expect them to be trash either. I thought I'd
get something usable from a commercial lab but they were awful. No contrast,
colors were off, highlights were washed out. Just terrible.
My experience too. I took a 67 velvia slide in to Blacks to get an enlargement made. I'd tried scanning the slide on my HP flatbed without much success (unmounted, I couldn't keep it flat enough).
Terrible print.
I've now taken it somewhere else to see if the results are any better.
(of course it could just be that my slide's rubbish!)

Wendy Beard,
Ottawa, Canada
http://www.beard-redfern.com