Okay, I can see where the serial number used to be. It has apparently
fallen off. I guess it was a tag. In any case, my unit works well, and
I'm not sure I'd be better off with the auto mode than I am with the
flash meter. I'm using it with a Quantum Battery 2. It recycles in a
second or so and seems to be quite reliable. It will do me for now.
Rather than investing in any more flash units down the road, I may opt
for a portable studio strobe setup. For assignments where I need
reflectors and a lot of power, I might as well do the whole deal. I
already have a good 110 ac generator. And I can use the strobes in my
basement studio as well.
Paul