gfrn and vic typed

>---- Begin Original Message ----
 From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:38:16 EST
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: OT: sliding away?

In a message dated 11/11/02 10:05:50 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I've never bother to do anything of note in it, until recently..
The last
few times I've turned the PC on, I've learned how to use curves and
levels
to make a nicer looking image, and how to clone out dust. Then I
learned
how to correctly resize images and DPI for printing.

Is there more to photoshop? Oh yeah.
Do I need to learn it? Nope. I can do everything I need to, and it was
actually pretty easy to learn. >>

You really should do yourself a favour and learn to do more with
photoshop.
It is an incredible tool. In fact, I would say it is one of my most
valuable
pieces of photographic equipment I have.I spend a lot of time just
playing
with it and learning various techniques etc. If you are lucky enough
to have
a version you may as well get the most out of it...
Vic <

I have PS 6 on 3 machines and Elements on 1.I mostly use PS 6
to do minor adjustments with pic's from the D1.Levels,curves
some cloning etc.I know there is a ton more to learn,
just gotta do it:)
I have 2 teenagers who work for me on my on site jobs and i usually
watch what they do.They know more than me.I just tell them
what i want to see in the photo's(they are both amatuer
photographers too so that helps)they do it and print.Works well.
I have a book but its basic,shows results but not always
how they got it done,but it helps.
I like 2 things Elements has,the colour tool and the fill flash.
Have not done layers persay but my front cover for this years
yearbook may be an overlay,so i'll have to play there.
Basically like driving a porshe in downtown Toronto,lots of
power just can't use it wisely:)(but one day)

Dave

---- End Original Message ----

Pentax User
Stouffville Ontario Canada