Glenn, I'm very sorry that this happened to you. That is pretty scary.

I can't remember if I told the list about this or not, but back in May
in broad daylight I was shooting in a park down by the East River. I
happened to be taking a pic of the UN when I found myself flanked from
behind by 2 police cars. They asked for ID and asked me some questions,
but they let me go when I promised not to take pix of the UN anymore. I
even asked if I should leave the area but they said I could stay.

Of course, as a person of Indian origin I figured I was being profiled,
but from your story it sounds like anyone with a camera is a potential
suspect. :P

Amita