Title: Power Zoom

From my comparison of the MZ-S and PZ-1p found here: http://www.photo.net/ezshop/product?product_id=749
is the following on power zoom.   I think I'm the only person on the planet who liked it.   Having said that, I think the only effective, worthwhile combinations of it are the 28-105mm and probably the mighty 80-200mm f2.8 on the PZ-1p.

For those of you with Power Zoom lenses, you probably already know that the MZ-S does not incorporate full power zoom functionality. Most notably, the automatic lens-retract-to-shortest-size feature retracts the zoom extension to shortest length, BUT it does NOT simultaneously autofocus to infinity, which would shorten the lens even more. The PZ-1p does both. This "shortening of the lens" function helps stuff the camera back in the bag more quickly. This might seem inconsequential, but once I had the feature on the PZ-1p with the 28-105 power zoom lens, I came to like it. Having said that, with the newer Pentax zooms, especially those with internal focus, this is not an issue. The Pentax 24-90mm f3.5-4.5 is an IF lens, is very light, and is a good match for the MZ-S body.