On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 10:18:16AM -0600, Matt Patterson wrote:
> Thanks for the info.  I was hoping someone had stats on the number of
> entries and memory usage.

There is no hard and fast rule. As I stated earlier:

 Also new in this version is 'max-cache-entries' which allows you to limit
 the cache to say, a reasonable 1 million entries. I'd love to be able to
 have you specify a limit in megabytes but it is very hard to measure actual
 memory usage. DJBDNS can do it but it requires too much work to do it from
 c++.

The actual usage will depend on the version of compiler, cpu type, version
of 'boost' library and usage patterns.

99% of people can get away with 'max-cache-entries=1000000' and be on the
safe side.

        Bert