Hello.
I have some problems with pdns and pdns-recursor.

Running on CentOS 5.4 i386, pdns version 2.9.22, pdns-recursor version 3.2.

I see a lot of: "TCP Connection Thread died because of STL error: Timeout reading data" error messages in the pdns log.

Also, for our mail server, I have a lot of error messages in the postqueue, like: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=yahoo.com type=MX: Host not found, try again

If I use dig, with a syntax like "dig yahoo.com mx", sometimes I get the "truncated" message, attempting to TCP and then connection time out.

So, apparently the TCP/IP thread is dying.

Reading the other thread ("Possible tcp listener issue"), I've tried setting threads=1 in recursor conf file, but to no use, the error message persists.

Could this be related to the "Possible tcp listener issue" maillist thread? Or is another problem?

Thank you.