We're happy to announce the availibility of the PowerDNS Recursor 3.7.4. This
release in the 'old-stable' train of releases features a fix for the PowerDNS
Security Advisory 2016-02, for which a minimal patch is available.
A changelog with clickable links is available and follows:
* Don't parse spurious RRs in queries when we don't need them (Security
* Add some sanity checking to rec_control wipe-cache
* recursor: Require = in forward-zones (Aki Tuomi)
* recursor: when replacing an expired entry, move it to the back
* add lowercase-outgoing flag
* devpollmplexer is leaky (Josef 'Jeff' Sipek)
* EMFILE was was reported as an error that could be blamed on the remote
nameserver instead of on the OS, causing throttle actions.
* mprove filedescriptor requesting code
* devpollmplexer doesn't compile due to missing sigset_t (Josef 'Jeff' Sipek)
* Update root hints for h.root-servers.net
* Port the 0x20 hashing to 3.7.3
* Update YaHTTP (Aki Tuomi)
We urge all users to upgrade to this new version.
Tarballs with sources are available (with signatures)[4,5] and we urge all
users to upgrade to this new version.
The PowerDNS team.
1 - https://doc.powerdns.com/3/security/powerdns-advisory-2016-02/
2 - https://downloads.powerdns.com/patches/2016-02
3 - https://doc.powerdns.com/3/changelog/#powerdns-recursor-374
4 - https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-3.7.4.tar.bz2
5 - https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-3.7.4.tar.bz2.sig
PowerDNS.COM BV -- https://www.powerdns.com
Pdns-users mailing list