On 2018-02-13 10:57 AM, Steve Zeng via Pdns-users wrote:
I have our DBAs looked into this and got some findings and feedback:

I see an deadlock for:

(1) = delete from records where domain_id=217

(2) = delete from records where domain_id=217

So something tries to delete everything for domain=217 while other transactions have a lock on some of the records.

Adding an ORDER BY to the delete query for whole domains might prevent that from happening.

I searched PowerDNS 4.0.5 source code and find the following occurrences of the matching SQL statements. are they configurable or we have to patch the source code in order to test?

Bottom half of https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/backend-generic-sql/#regular-queries