in fact after reboot looks like old serial is lost for all domains.

why is change_date not kept up to date? all domains have it to be NULL, I think its where the serial is derived from when using autoserial

On 2018-11-07 20:18, MRob wrote:
Please some help for this? Looks like pdnsutil increase-serial not
made to work for mysql backend with autoserial, so how to
programmatically request increase serial?

pdnsutil increase-serial example.org

Error: Parsing record content (try 'pdnsutil check-zone'): missing
field at the end of record content 'ns.example.org cont...@example.org
0'

pdnsutil check-zone example.org

Checked 21 records of 'example.org', 0 errors, 0 warnings.

Related, where is serial stored in auto-serial case? I find
"change_date" field NULL on all records and "notified_serial" NULL on
this domain (but its 0 on the other domains, not sure why). In this
situation what happens if server reboot, SOA has to be reclaimed from
somewhere??

As far as I know this can be found in the table "records", column "content", for every entry of the type "SOA". It corresponds to the provided serial number
you get with   "dig <zone> SOA"   (if no DNSSEC is active).

Well for auto-serial you must set that value as 0 so my question being where the serial is kept in this special case and carried across reboot situation.
_________