(summarizing from two of your messages)

I only want to pass what was explicitly requested to the backend and nothing else because the server has to process many millions of requests and any overhead is not desired.

I want PowerDNS to send exactly the records to the client that the pipe
backend produced. Nothing should be left out.

That seems contradictory to me.

Be that as it may, the client issues a query for a particular type (e.g TXT or AAAA); even if PowerDNS returned all types it has for a qname to the client which, as you've noticed it doesn't, the latter would likely not use the result.

        -JP