Hi Robby,

> On 01/20/2023 3:55 PM CET Robby Pedrica via Pdns-users
> <pdns-users@mailman.powerdns.com> wrote:
>
> I've upgraded the pdns-recursor docker image today for the 4.8.0 vuln
> recently noted. My version from pdns-recursor is now listed as:
>
> Version: PowerDNS recursor 0.0.0.0.HEAD.gHEAD
>
> This is different from previous where it indicated the actual version, eg.
> 4.8.0. Is this expected or an issue?

This is an expected issue ;-)

We haven't been able to figure out why our automatic Docker Hub builds get a
malformed version number, so every release I build the Docker images by hand
and upload them.

There's usually quite some time between our developers tagging the new releases
and me building the Docker images by hand.  In between that time Docker Hub has
done an automatic build with the malformed version number already.

Today I immediately started building the Docker images after Otto tagged
rec-4.8.1 and once the build was done I pushed them to Docker Hub.  Apparently
after that Docker Hub still did an automated build and we ended up with the
malformed version numbers.

I've pushed the correct Recursor 4.8.1 images again so it should be OK now.

With kind regards,
Erik