Thanks Wayne...Following steps did the trick:

sudo update-alternatives --config java
> sudo update-alternatives --config javac
> sudo update-alternatives --config jar

Now while starting Eclipse, it didn't say that it is using GCJ.

You can configure Eclipse to use a specific JRE when it runs (independent of
> what's installed/configured on Ubuntu)

I believe now I am using Sun-Java. Do I still need to configure Eclipse to
use specific JRE. If yes then please do tell me.

I apologise if my questions are too childish. I have never used eclipse and
never worked on Java. I am more of 'vim' editor lover.

Cheers,
Parag,
Software Engineer, PERSISTENT Systems LTD,
http://www.persistentsys.com/

Will Rogers <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/will_rogers.html>
- "I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the
facts."