Yay!  Thanks for stepping up to the tasks, Marco and Nicolas.  I think this
plan makes sense, and it will definitely be worth the effort.

Nicolas, I think your plans sound good.  It makes sense to also document the
guidelines we come up with on the site.  The docs/site_docs section seems
appropriate for what you've just written up.

I also wrote some comments inline below:

On Feb 19, 2012, at 6:35 PM, Marco Donnarumma wrote:

> This approach sounds good to me too.
> I can manage the exhibition page, Nicholas the community section (I guess we
> could collaborate on that, so to swap the needed page), and perhaps somebody
> else will come up.
>
> It might be well worth the effort.

> On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 6:04 AM, Nicolas Montgermont
> <nicolas_montgerm...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>

> Le 16/02/12 03:45, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>
> I think you should take on the structure of the /community/ section and try
> to make it clearer.  You probably should check with other people who have
> contributed to that section, but don't let that hold you back.
> Yes it's a nice idea to have one people in charge of one section.
> I can handle the "community" section if it's a problem for nobody.
> My thoughts about it:
>
> * It could be organized this way:
>
> community
> - mailing list (page)
> - forums (page)
> - IRC (page)
> - conventions (folder)
> - meetings (folder)
> - member downloads (folder?)
>
> - the "software" and "exhibition" must get out of this section cause they are
> important topics, and have specific tabs in the menus.

I would like to see the whole /community/projects/software section just be
permanently moved to /downloads/ and then put redirect rules for backward
compatibility.  I think IOhannes said he was OK with that too.  Mostly, its a
matter of someone figuring out how to do it.

> - Pd art / Pd music / tracks / ... should go into the "exhibition"

Those are a bit different.  The exhibition has one strict rule: no
self-promotion.  That is the most open yet curated form that we could come up
with when we organized it.  And I think it still makes sense.  Then, there are
other areas for self-promotion.  As for that section, it doesn't seem to be
used much, so it could go awy.

> - patchings circles and local pd groups can be subsection of a bigger
> "meetings" category.
> - member downloads should include pd patches / projects that doesn't take the
> shape of librairies.

I think the 'member downloads' section is obsolete.  People can either post
things on their own member pages, or they can add them to the /downloads/
section.

> * every sub section must have a formatted page, even if it's a folder
>
> * creating folder should be disabled for standard members to prevent having a
> complex menu on the left. but users may create page/content in the member
> download / meetings / convention topics.

One possibility is using Wiki Folders for the whole community section, then
everything would be wiki pages, and there would not be more levels of folders.
I think there is a way to add a Wiki Page to the left menu under the community
section, but I don't know how off hand.

> * users can edit all pages. except maybe the "community" one.

As for editing restrictions, I don't think we need any.  There has really be
very few bad edits that needed to be reverted, from what I've seen.  I think
it'll be a lot more work for everyone to manage the restrictions than just
handle the very occasional bad edits.  If it does become a problem, we can
revisit that.

> * How can I easily know who has worked in that section? when i hit "history"
> i only have a possiblity to reverse the last edit.

The History browser isn't so easy to follow, but you can go back thru all of
the edits if its a wiki page.  Other kinds of pages are different.

> * I was wandering if there is an easy possiblity to get rid of the
> "Frontpage" title, i've tested to create a page for my profile and to display
> it instead of the folder listing:
> http://puredata.info/Members/nixhol
> it's working well, what is the difference with, for example the community
> folder?
> http://puredata.info/community

About the FrontPage title, I've gotten into weird loops where plone would then
somehow automatically recreate a page called FrontPage, while leaving the one
called Home.  So I just gave up and went with using the default names.

.hc