Info about subscribing or unsubscribing from this list is at the bottom of this
message.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://bailey.talk.newsweek.com/default.asp?item=464251

>From Newsweek's blog:

I Have Had My Differences With Members of the Press
But it's Nothing That Burying them Under Tons of Earth Won't Solve

Does President Bush have it in for the press corps? Touring a Caterpillar
factory in Peoria, Ill., the Commander in Chief got behind the wheel of a
giant tractor and played chicken with a few wayward reporters. Wearing a
pair of stylish safety glasses--at least more stylish than most safety
glasses--Bush got a mini-tour of the factory before delivering remarks on
the economy. "I would suggest moving back," Bush said as he climbed into
the cab of a massive D-10 tractor. "I'm about to crank this sucker up." As
the engine roared to life, White House staffers tried to steer the press
corps to safety, but when the tractor lurched forward, they too were
forced to scramble for safety." Get out of the way!" a news photographer
yelled. "I think he might run us over!" said another. White House aides
tried to herd the reporters the right way without getting run over
themselves. Even the Secret Service got involved, as one agent began
yelling at reporters to get clear of the tractor. Watching the chaos
below, Bush looked out the tractor's window and laughed, steering the
massive machine into the spot where most of the press corps had been
positioned. The episode lasted about a minute, and Bush was still laughing
when he pulled to a stop. He gave reporters a thumbs-up. "If you've never
driven a D-10, it's the coolest experience," Bush said afterward. Yeah,
almost as much fun as seeing your life flash before your eyes.
web address to view the list's archives or to unsubscribe.

E-mail accounts that become full, inactive or out of order for more than a few
days will become disabled or deleted from this list.

FAIR USE NOTICE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the
information in this e-mail is distributed without profit to those who have
expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational
purposes.  I am making such material available in an effort to advance
understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy,
scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a 'fair
use' of copyrighted material as provided for in the US Copyright Law.