This message has a bit of code:
https://sourceforge.net/p/pebl/mailman/message/29208422/

You probably need Shane's help but even so you may need to do some
detective work.

When I look at the PEBL source code here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/pebl/code-0/HEAD/tree/trunk/src/devices/PComPort.cpp

It looks like on non-Linux platforms (currently line 113) it sets the
port to portnum+1

So, you may need to use port 0 to get COM1

I don't see any way to set the parity. It looks like Shane would have to
add support for this in PEBL:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28965897/porting-c-serial-port-parity-change-code-from-linux-to-windows

The Windows default is none:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.ports.serialport.parity(v=vs.110).aspx?cs-save-lang=1&cs-lang=cpp#code-snippet-1

But I would try without setting parity and see if your EEG software will
work without a parity bit.

-Alan

On 9/17/2016 5:24 PM, Anne Gilman wrote:
> Could I ask to see some sample code for the COM port commands?
>
> I've searched the past few years help digests, and your guidance for
> Dr. Rusciano (quoted below) is what I could find... I'd like to follow up.
>
> The EMOTIV+ EEG software we have can listen to COM1 or COM2, and can
> take in one code...  Thus far it only works (sending from another
> program, SuperLab) when I set parity to odd.
>
> The OpenCOMPort() command has parameters for number (do I just say "1"
> for COM1?) and baud rate, but not sfaict for parity or handshaking.
>
> I would really like to be able to present our stimuli using PEBL
> instead, but clearly I could use some help with the serial port part.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer,
>
> Anne G.
>
> ​...
>
>     For EEG, this really depends on how your system works, and what
>     you are
>     planning on doing..  You will typically want event markers
>     (start-of-trial, etc.) that are synched to your eeg log.  I've used
>     parallel and serial ports (and the ftdi emulator) to do this sort
>     of thing
>     before, and it is pretty straightforward, but you would need to
>     implement
>     it yourself and add the signalling to the PEBL script.  If you are
>     interested in only a spatial map, it might be good enough to
>     synchronize
>     the data sequences at the beginning so you know when the trials were
>     happening, and can do proper subtractive methods.
>     ​[...]
>
>     End of Pebl-list Digest, Vol 91, Issue 1
>     ****************************************

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

+815.588.3846 (Office)
+267.334.4143 (Mobile)

http://www.alanmead.org

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe...
functions on fire in a copy of Orion.
I watched C-Sharp glitter in the dark near a programmable gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like Ruby... on... Rails... Time for Pi.

          --"The Register" user Alister, applying the famous
            "Blade Runner" speech to software development