Hi,

On Sun, August 11, 2013 11:18, Tim wrote:
> Anatol Belski <ab <at> php.net> writes:
>

>> Hi,
>>

>> there are some precompiled extension DLLs available under
>>
>> http://windows.php.net/downloads/pecl/releases/
>>

>> If you'd like to compile yourself, some of dependency libraries are
>> available under
>>
>> http://windows.php.net/downloads/pecl/deps/
>>

>> Usually the precompiled DLLs should work, please ping back otherwise.
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> Anatol
>>

>> On Thu, February 28, 2013 00:38, Ricki Maurici wrote:
>>
>>> Dear pecl dev team,
>>> We found your details on this link whilst trying to figure out how to
>>> get 2 PECL extensions working on our windows
>>> machines:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2048309/pecl-extesions-for
>>> -wi
>>> ndows Could you please provide a PHP DLL version for use with Xampp on
>>>  Windows for the following PECLs:
>>> http://pecl.php.net/package/mailparse
>>> http://pecl.php.net/package/geoip
>>> They both need to be compiled to support PHP 5.4.7Server API: Apache
>>> 2.4
>>> Handler Apache Lounge PHP Extension build: API20100525,TS,VC9
>>> Hope you can assist us as we have struggled to compile these
>>> ourselves. Kind regards,Ricki
>>>

> Hi,
> I have also tried to install the PECL geoip package from the link you
> provided (http://windows.php.net/downloads/pecl/releases/geoip/1.0.8/) but
> i still get the following error:
>
>> pecl install geoip
>
> WARNING: channel "pecl.php.net" has updated its protocols, use
> "channel-update pecl.php.net" to update
> downloading geoip-1.0.8.tgz ... Starting to download geoip-1.0.8.tgz
> (10,061 bytes)
> .....done: 10,061 bytes
> 5 source files, building
> ERROR: The DSP geoip.dsp does not exist.
>

> OS: Windows 7
> PHP-Version: 5.3.5
> XAMPP 1.7.4
>

> There are similar posts like this...but none have any definitive answers
> other than getting compiled yourself.

please undertake the steps below:

- manually download a zip package corresponding to your PHP version (care
about PHP version, thread safety, VC++ version)
- unpack to the PHP extension dir
- activate the extension with php.ini
- restart webserver

As Pierre already mentioned, 'pecl install' is suitable only if you're
compiling from source. Please note also, that commando has nothing to do
with windows.php.net packages. Furthermore, be aware that xmpp might use
another VC++ version. If you want be 100% sure, the best way is to setup
apache from  apachelounge.com and official PHP binary.

Cheers

Anatol