On 11/8/2017 6:23 PM, Niko Granö wrote:
Hey!
I’m Niko and I just created new extension for PHP and I would like publish
it on PECL. It will work only on  >=7.0.

Extension goals are to provide payment gateway client for PHP. With this
extension you can handle all payment going via Checkout Finland’s API. So to
be clear, this extension is valid mainly only in Europe. And to use this
extension you have to have made deal with Checkout Finland.

Below are some links to this extension source code.
Extension =>
https://github.com/Niko9911/CheckoutAPIClient/tree/master/extension

There is not many "active" extensions on Payment category. This would add
one plugin into that category.

Any ideas if this could be published?

I'm not in charge of PECL accounts, but I'm wondering what the benefit of this extension is instead of a simple userland library? Looks like it just calls cURL/file_get_contents().

I generally think of a PHP extension that is suitable for PECL as performing one or more of the following functions:

1) Offering significant performance gains (e.g. processing lots of data in binary file formats).

2) Access to system functions that are otherwise unavailable to PHP userland (e.g. named shared memory).

3) Providing glue code between PHP userland and a large, battle-tested third party library (e.g. embedding a Javascript processing engine like v8).

4)  Testing new and experimental functionality before inclusion in PHP core.

Aside from whether or not it is a good candidate for PECL, your extension source code has a lot of spurious whitespace/alignment issues and several variable name issues (e.g. naming a variable __$true isn't particularly good C style code).

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7926394/in-variable-name

Your code is a bit awkward to read. You should aim to clean up your code and maybe add some reasonable comments. As it stands, the code looks a little bit thrown together. PECL extension-ready source code should be pristine, polished, and professional. The repo is also missing a test suite to verify functionality (although I'm not entirely sure how testing the most critical bits of the code might work).

Naming the extension "Checkout" is a bit too generic since you say the extension only works with Checkout Finland. Unless you plan on expanding to support all checkout/shopping cart systems in existence, which would be a rather ambitious project, an extension's name should reflect the specific nature of what it is for.

Just a few thoughts to consider.

--
Thomas Hruska
CubicleSoft President

I've got great, time saving software that you will find useful.

http://cubiclesoft.com/

And once you find my software useful:

http://cubiclesoft.com/donate/