On 08.05.2018 at 20:37, Jan Ehrhardt wrote:

> I see now that building was tried.
>
> pe.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> bufferevent_openssl_set_allow_dirty_shutdown referenced in function
> event_bevent_allow_ssl_dirty_shutdown_prop_write
>
> pe.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
> bufferevent_openssl_get_allow_dirty_shutdown referenced in function
> event_bevent_allow_ssl_dirty_shutdown_prop_read
>
> Strange failures, because in bufferevent_ssl.h this is defined:
>
> EVENT2_EXPORT_SYMBOL
> int bufferevent_openssl_get_allow_dirty_shutdown(struct bufferevent
> *bev);
> EVENT2_EXPORT_SYMBOL
> void bufferevent_openssl_set_allow_dirty_shutdown(struct bufferevent
> *bev,
>     int allow_dirty_shutdown);
>
> In my PHP 7.2 builds with OpenSSL 1.0.2 I do not run into this error. It
> just compiles fine.

Note that a few lines above these error messages,
bufferevent_openssl_set_allow_dirty_shutdown is already reported as
being undefined.  Apparently, bufferevent_ssl.h is not included since
HAVE_EVENT_OPENSSL_LIB is not defined[1].  It seems that config.w32 is
still checking for the old libraries[2], which have been renamed to
libssl-*.lib and libcrypto-*.lib as of OpenSSL 1.1.

[1]
<https://bitbucket.org/osmanov/pecl-event/src/9d95597546106081c2832baa837bcc297db71396/php7/src/common.h?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#common.h-66:68>
[2]
<https://bitbucket.org/osmanov/pecl-event/src/9d95597546106081c2832baa837bcc297db71396/config.w32?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#config.w32-31:32>