So true. While I would have no problem (and have) consulted with mech E's
regarding specific mechanical qualifications required in certain applications,
like sheer or torsional loading or a chemist regarding necessary chemical
properties of connector, (amongst others, I support design of aviation fuel and
hydraulic test equipment), in general, it would quite Unwise to allow a
mechanical engineer to specify an electrical or electronic connector, simply
because they're not technically qualified to make such a determination. In
fact, I'd go so far as to say that except for very select situations in which
the credentials of a mechanical engineer also include sound and traceable
credentials in electronic and/or electrical engineering, it's of less than
questionable technical merit for another engineer or manager to allow that
situation to arise, bordering on general incompetence, in the same way that
allowing an electrical engineer to specify a hydraulic component would border
on incompetence or having a chemist design printed circuit boards.

All that soon-to-retire-ME-generation self-serving
"screw-my-pop's-generation-and-like-really-who-gives-a-shit-about-the-one's-after-mine"
 wisdom aside that is...

Your comments show your wisdom. No self-serving baby-boomer ageism required.

aj

This e-mail transmission and its attachments may contain information from
Avtron Manufacturing, Inc. that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential
and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use,
copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended
recipient or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete all copies.