Cliff Gerhard wrote:

>We haven't upgraded to Designer 6 as of yet (still using 2004).  I have
>never had much luck with simulations in Protel / Altium.  It was always
>difficult to de-bug the simulations.  There was little feedback from the
>program and not enough information in the documentation.

If you know SPICE, you can make it work.  I still use P99SE, but I think it
is much the same.  Yes, it sure is cryptic, and you have to get "under
the hood"
and tweak some of the convergence parameters for certain sims to complete.
The graphics output is a bit quirky, but once you are used to it, it is
pretty quick
to bring up the relevant nodes for viewing.

The worst thing is getting outside models loaded in to the library
scheme and making
them work right.  I always dread having to do that.  Maybe my dread
keeps me from
doing it often enough to remember from one time to the next how to do it.

Jon