On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Nicolas Laurent <
nicolas.laur...@uclouvain.be> wrote:

> I have a paper (http://norswap.com/pubs/sle2015.pdf) that discusses
> left-recursion in PEG, as well as a matching implementation (
> https://github.com/norswap/autumn) (which is now however completely
> different from what the paper describes).

I will study your work.

A quick note on a quick scan of the first pages: There's no mention of the
role of *cut* operators in controlling memoization, when Mizushima and
others have been work on automated insertion of *cut. *

The *cut* operator is essential in my professional work with PEG. Because
of the backtracking, parse errors may end up being reported against the
start rule if there are no *cuts* to commit the parser to the current parse
tree. Heuristics based on the furthest position reached on the input may
report incorrect information about the input, or the grammar.

Cheers,
--
Juancarlo *Añez*