On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Juancarlo Añez <apal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't seen the approach implemented in TatSu mentioned anywhere in
> relation to PEG, but I think it is similar to some of the ones used with
> pushdown automata (sorry; I know that pushing non-terminals onto the front
> of the input stream is an old idea, but I can't remember the source).

Memory is coming back. It's either in the Dragon book, or in one of the
more formal books by Hopcroft et al.

Symbols don't get pushed back onto the input stream. It is the stack which
may contain terminals and non-terminals. In one of the strategies, the
initial state of the stack is the input stream.

I apologize, but I won't have time to research the references until next
weekend, or later. For now I'm just happy sharing that the approach I knew
would work, did work.

Cheers!

--
Juancarlo *Añez*