That is a spectacular diagram. Let me share some that I have prepared since
last October, on the basic views since I was tuning them a bit
recently and never
got to sharing, Actually wanted to pass a few to the attention of Robert
and others as the AI topics surfaced - making this public.

10 class diagram (my best one I think - started last year)
https://claude.ai/public/artifacts/8fea5054-7ebc-4fc5-a440-0450c723c3f4

66 Classes in triangular coordinates
peirce-66-classes-lattice.html - Claude
<https://claude.ai/public/artifacts/e918008d-fd2d-47a3-b2b7-de91b411989b>

The 28 class scheme
28-class-linguistic-analysis.html - Claude
<https://claude.ai/public/artifacts/eb16dd90-d673-4add-a88e-bb2b49ea8618>

This last piece is in AI - ACT-R. Some specialists may be familiar.
The Coordinated Loop <https://lilac-mountain-pilot-juniper.grok.me/>

Cheers,
Atila





On Mon, Aug 3, 2026 at 9:27 AM Sebastian Feil <[email protected]> wrote:

> Jon, thank you so much for this!
> I would absolutely love to have a look at your transcription if you’re
> willing to share your work.
>
> Best
> Sebastian
>
>
> Am 03.08.2026 um 15:06 schrieb Jon Alan Schmidt <[email protected]
> >:
>
> Sebastian, List:
>
> Attached as requested is a PDF of Borges's diagram of R 318. A few years
> ago, I compiled my own transcriptions of that entire manuscript and several
> others that Peirce composed as drafts for an introductory article about
> pragmatism; please let me know if that document would also be of interest.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jon Alan Schmidt - Olathe, Kansas, USA
> Structural Engineer, Synechist Philosopher, Lutheran Christian
> www.LinkedIn.com/in/JonAlanSchmidt
> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/JonAlanSchmidt> / twitter.com/JonAlanSchmidt
>
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2026 at 2:49 AM Sebastian Feil <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>> does someone here still have a copy of the MS318 diagram that Priscilla
>> Borges made (with ISP numbers) and would like to share with me?
>> Unfortunately the PEP pages @ IU have been down for while now.
>> Thank you in advance!
>> Best
>> Sebastian
>
> <Borges Diagram R 318.pdf>
>
>
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
> ► PEIRCE-L subscribers: Click on "Reply List" or "Reply All" to REPLY ON
> PEIRCE-L to this message. PEIRCE-L posts should go to [email protected]
> .
> ►  <a href="mailto:[email protected]";>UNSUBSCRIBE FROM
> PEIRCE-L</a> . But, if your subscribed email account is not your default
> email account, then go to
> https://list.iu.edu/sympa/signoff/peirce-l .
> ► PEIRCE-L is owned by THE PEIRCE GROUP;  moderated by Gary Richmond;  and
> co-managed by him and Ben Udell.
Title: Peircean Diagrams – Human–AI Semiosis (Rendered)

Peircean Diagrams of Human–AI Semiosis

Object → Sign → Interpretant → Habit → Conduct

1. Peircean Master Model of Human–AI Semiosis

flowchart TB O["Object
(world, task, event, document, intention)"] S1["Initial Signs
(text, image, speech, diagram, data)"] S2["Neural Sign Mediation
(LLM perception, embedding, generation)"] IR["Diagrammatic Interpretant
(typed semantic frame, graph, AST)"] I["Logical Interpretant
(logical form, hypothesis, belief)"] H["Habit System
(grammar, ontology, ACT-R productions, policies)"] M["Collateral Experience
(episodic, semantic, procedural memory)"] V["Critical Semiosis
(verification, contradiction, uncertainty)"] F["Final Interpretant
(stable understanding, decision, explanation)"] A["Conduct
(answer, tool use, revision, external action)"] Q["Clarification or inquiry"] O --> S1 S1 --> S2 S2 --> IR IR --> I I --> V V --> F F --> A A --> O H <--> IR M <--> IR H --> V M --> V V -->|inadequate or ambiguous| Q Q --> S1 F --> H A --> M style O fill:#e8dfd2,stroke:#b8a88e style S1 fill:#f5f0e8,stroke:#c8b8a0 style S2 fill:#d0d8e8,stroke:#8fa0b8 style IR fill:#e8e4dc,stroke:#a8a090 style I fill:#e0e8f0,stroke:#90a0b0 style H fill:#e8e0d4,stroke:#b0a090 style M fill:#e0e8e0,stroke:#90a890 style V fill:#d8e0e8,stroke:#8090a0 style F fill:#e8e4dc,stroke:#a8a090 style A fill:#e8dfd2,stroke:#b8a88e style Q fill:#f0e8e0,stroke:#c0a890
Caption: This is the full operational model of coupled human–AI intelligence. An Object in the world is presented through Initial Signs. The LLM performs Neural Sign Mediation. The material is then organized into Diagrammatic and Logical Interpretants, which are tested against the Habit System (including ACT-R-style productions) and Collateral Experience (memory). Critical Semiosis evaluates adequacy. A successful process yields a Final Interpretant expressed as Conduct. Feedback loops enable clarification, habit revision, and memory update. Intelligence is the ongoing, consequence-sensitive process of semiosis itself.

2. Coupled Human–AI Semiosis

flowchart TB HI["Human Semiosis
(embodied, affective,
normative, socially situated)"] AI["Artificial Semiosis
(engineered sign
transformation)"] SH["Shared Human–AI Semiosis"] O["Objects
(world, task, text, event, problem)"] S["Signs"] I["Interpretants"] H["Habits"] A["Conduct"] HI <--> SH AI <--> SH SH --> O O --> S S --> I I --> H H --> A A --> O style HI fill:#e8dfd2,stroke:#b8a88e style AI fill:#d0e0e8,stroke:#8098a8 style SH fill:#f5f0e8,stroke:#c8b8a0 style O fill:#e8e4dc,stroke:#a8a090 style S fill:#f0ebe3,stroke:#b8a890 style I fill:#e0e8f0,stroke:#90a0b0 style H fill:#e0e8e0,stroke:#90a890 style A fill:#e8dfd2,stroke:#b8a88e
Caption: The fundamental unit is not “human versus AI” but coupled semiosis. Human semiosis supplies embodiment, affect, norms, values, and accountability. Artificial semiosis supplies rapid sign transformation, retrieval, and formal manipulation. Both participate in a shared interpretive circuit that continuously transforms Objects into Signs, Interpretants, Habits, and Conduct. Intelligence emerges from this reciprocal loop rather than from either participant alone.

3. The Essential Peircean Cycle

flowchart LR S["1. Sign
vehicle / representamen"] O["2. Object
what is represented"] I["3. Interpretant
effect in cognition or conduct"] H["4. Habit
stabilized rule or tendency"] F["5. Further Sign / Conduct
new sign produced"] S --> O O --> I I --> H H --> F F -->|ongoing semiosis| S style S fill:#f5f0e8,stroke:#c8b8a0 style O fill:#e8dfd2,stroke:#b8a88e style I fill:#e0e8f0,stroke:#90a0b0 style H fill:#e0e8e0,stroke:#90a890 style F fill:#e8e4dc,stroke:#a8a090
Caption: This is the most compact statement of the governing process. A Sign represents an Object to an Interpretant. When the Interpretant is stabilized through repetition and consequence, it becomes a Habit. Habits generate further Signs and Conduct, which re-enter the cycle. Intelligence is not a static property of any model; it is the continuous activity of this semiotic loop.
Peircean formulation • Intelligence emerges through organized, consequence-sensitive semiosis
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
► PEIRCE-L subscribers: Click on "Reply List" or "Reply All" to REPLY ON 
PEIRCE-L to this message. PEIRCE-L posts should go to [email protected] . 
►  <a href="mailto:[email protected]";>UNSUBSCRIBE FROM PEIRCE-L</a> . 
But, if your subscribed email account is not your default email account, then 
go to
https://list.iu.edu/sympa/signoff/peirce-l .
► PEIRCE-L is owned by THE PEIRCE GROUP;  moderated by Gary Richmond;  and 
co-managed by him and Ben Udell.

Reply via email to