9.

What then is thinking in threes? On one level it is a means of preventing
conflict from coming to a head. If two objects are busily colliding, it
helps to have a third option. It can even be suggested that our minds are
triadic, they can spin out conclusions indefinitely. And three is the way
to infinity which, by the way, Peirce regarded as real. Thinking in threes
is what would have transformed our war on terror into a Sherlock Holmes
investigation of the reasons for terrorism and apprehension of those
responsible instead of killing vast multitudes of innocent bystanders. In
essence, if you cannot resolve anything in a way that will not harm, keep
at it until something comes. Tomorrow is always another day.  For Peirce
there was nothing so felicitous as achieving a bona fide habit. But getting
there required try after try until something worked. Triadic Philosophy is
a happy move beyond knee-jerk, seat-of-your-pants type thought. It rests on
the best thinking that we have.

10.

Triadic philosophy sees moral evolution as documentable. Progress results
from the conscious spread of democracy, tolerance, helpfulness and
non-idolatry. But the frosting on the cake is the placement of aesthetics
as the third element in the conscious consideration of reality.

*@stephencrose <https://twitter.com/stephencrose>*