Listers,

I hope all who went enjoyed the conference. I'm grateful to Gary Richmond who
presented my paper. I followed the schedule in my mind each day and imagined
which sessions I would have chosen. My husband even made us a steak dinner on
Saturday (our food choice for the banquet). We were very disappointed not to
have been there. So was our grandson, who was to come with us.

I'm just glad to be alive though. I had a severe autoimmune reaction to an
antibiotic, which caused my body to destroy red blood cells and shut down my
bone marrow production of new ones (hemolytic anemia). I'm told I will make a
full recovery, eventually. I'm still on high doses of steroids and it will take
about 4 months to taper off. Meanwhile, my brain is coming out of its fog, so
I'm hoping to use this confinement productively.

Regards,
Phyllis Chiasson