Am I believing my eyes? Your written word just conveyed energy to my
fingers to say NO. This distinction like many is a binary fantasy. A
needless distinction. Words written and spoken are the transitional stage
between signs and our indexing of them as signs move toward expression and
action. They are what we use to limit and make manageable the vague and
extensive aspects of signs and enable some consideration of them. All words
limit. All words are subject to being understood not as they are intended
to be understood but as the hearer or reader perceives them. Between what
one says and what one writes there is only a difference of means. It is
also the case that when we are hearing or reading words stimulate the
creation of signs within us which we name with ... more words.

You wrote:

>Thus, we can recognize two classes of "words" ---  (i) written words
>belonging to ES, and (ii) spoken words belonging to DS.  Written words
>cannot perform any work since they do not have any energy.

Again, no.

*@stephencrose <https://twitter.com/stephencrose>*