Signs are sufficiently diffuse and vague as to have an almost spectral
entity. I see consciousness as the willed condition in which signs become
visible or perceptible and thought as a description of the entire
consideration of which this is the start. The next thing that happens is
naming. sign >name then 2 and 3. So I doubt I fit neatly into the
characterization implied by psychologism. Thought and consciousness and
will and impulse are all to utilities or capabilities within Reality. What
is not conscious is in my view mindless. Animals have consciousness if they
see signs and can name them. There needs to be some way to make signs
amenable to the mind.

*@stephencrose <https://twitter.com/stephencrose>*